MAN LOCKS HEAD IN METAL CAGE TO HELP HIM QUIT SMOKING

A TURKISH man has locked his head in a metal CAGE in a bid to give up cigarettes. Ibrahim Yucel, 42, decided to kick his 40-a-day habit after his dad died of cancer. 

When his attempt to go cold turkey failed, he decided to build the bizarre medieval-style headgear from 130ft of copper wire. Every morning his wife and 14-year-old daughter who each have a set of keys seals him inside the cage.

Once locked up, Ibrahim can only eat crackers and sip water through a straw.
In a bizarre instructional video posted online, Ibrahim explains why he went to such drastic measures to beat the addiction. He said: "I have been smoking since high school. I have tried to quit every year, but I could not.


"My dad died from cancer, so I decided to make a cage. I was inspired by motorcycle helmets."

It may not be a conventional method to quit cigarettes - but Ibrahim insists his experiment has worked. After just two days inside the cage, he claims he's now a non-smoker. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment